The Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence 3100 mile race takes part every year in humble surroundings in Jamaica, Queens – and has recently featured in many international news outlets.
For the runners, it is a chance to use meditation to achieve things that the ordinary mind says is impossible. Through meditation, they can tap into an inner power and realise their unlimited potential.
- Inside the world’s longest race – – (link is external) CBS This Morning:
- New York Today: Endless Summer Race (link is external) – New York Times:
- Runners seek spiritual experience (link is external) – Fox 5 News:
- Run Like Fire Once More: Chasing Perfection at the World’s Longest Footrace(link is external) By: Sam Shaw at Harpers Magazine
- How to Run the 3100 mile race in 12 easy steps(link is external) – NBC New York Thursday, Jun 24, 2010
- 3100 Mile Race(link is external) at PRI, June 26, 2014
- The Self-Transcendence 3,100-Mile Race: A Five-Person Poll(link is external) – New York mag, June 20, 2008
- People in Queens Are Running Around a Single Block for 3,100 Miles(link is external) – New York Observer 07/06/11
- Endurance Block Party – 3,100 mile race at Runners World